Corporate Social Responsibilities
An overview of both local and remote services provided by Reay
Reay security is a medium sized private security provider of manned guarding, CCTV and Security systems. The Company recognizes that its activities impact upon the environment through its routine internal operations, its infrastructural development and through its influence and effects on the wider community. The Managing Director, Mr Steven Reay, and the Senior Management Team are committed to the care of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
Reay Security Ltd complies fully with environmental legislation and in particular to the Environmental Protection Act 1990 plus subsequent upgrades and amendments and also observes the requirements laid down by Northumberland County Council and / or the Environment Agency as necessary.
- Promote environmental management policies and practices at all levels throughout the company;
- Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among staff through training and regular updating;
- The organization seeks to minimize waste arising’s, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption, reduce harmful emissions and, where possible, to work with suppliers who themselves have sound environmental policies. Head Office is designed and constructed to BREAMM “excellent “category.
- Monitor and reduce water, electricity and gas consumption wherever practical and hygienic to do so
- Avoid wherever practicable the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes;
- Maintain the grounds and buildings of the company in an environmentally sensitive way, having regard to protection of local natural habitats and the preservation of biological diversity;
- Consider environmental factors in respect of the growth of the company, seeking as far as practical to reduce harmful environmental impacts and to integrate new developments into the local environment;
- Work with other local, national and other agencies as appropriate to promote environmental policies
- Setting annual environmental improvement objectives and targets at the environmental management’s systems management review meeting.
- In order to ensure the achievement of the above commitments the organization has a fully documented environmental management system which meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2004
- This Policy and the obligations and responsibilities required by the environmental management system have been communicated to all employees. Where necessary it will also be communicated to contractors in the format of rules, directives and procedures. The Policy is available to the public on request.
Progress in implementing this policy will be reviewed regularly by the Environmental Manager and reported to the Managing Director.
Steven R Reay